Wednesday, October 29, 2008

on a 3 hour cruise...

Sunday, we decided to take a nice cruise around the lake and see how the fall colors were coming along. We rode north to Lake Norman State Park, stopped for cheese and crackers (and m&m's), rode to Hidden Harbor to check on the house then home. Hannah brought a friend and it was quite an enjoyable afternoon. The weather was warm but cool while riding on the boat. The colors were not quite peaking - still a week or 2 out.

While riding home we saw a bald eagle, we stopped to watch, it circled the boat a few times then flew off. Just long enough for me to change to my zoom lens - well, just long enough for me to get it on the camera, not long enough for me to actually get a picture. I believe this was the first bald eagle we have seen on the lake.


0 comments: