Monday, January 12, 2009

shoot the moon...

Saturday night was a full moon - supposedly a large one. But it was cloudy here - no moon to see.

Sunday night, it was pretty cloudy but they were at least broken up. Hannah called down to me at about 8:30pm that the moon was showing. I ran down, set my camera settings for "moon shots" , ran outside and got a black screen. So I increased my shutter time and then decided - lets see what camera auto will do.

This is what I got - pretty cool huh?:



Okay, so I finished watching 24 and about 10pm noticed that the sky had cleared up. Took the camera out and NOW the initial settings were working. I needed a brighter moon in the sky to get the detail at my settings. So here is the moon, a day after full at 1030pm on Jan 11, 2009.



Settings were f/8, Shutter speed 1/125, White balance - daylight, meter: center and ISO of 200.

0 comments: